dylan :: ONE

07 August 2011

I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to party blogs. Seriously. As if I don't have enough faboulous photogs to follow -- add in all the AHHH-MMMAAZING party planning sites and it's no wonder the mounds of laundry are overtaking this house.

And because I enjoy company in my addiction, here are few of my favs ::

One Charming Party
Cake
Bella Grace
Sweet Little Parties
Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas
Bump Smitten

And don't even get me starting on the time-wasting-deliciousness that is Pinterest. ♥

Having said all that, those of us who don't do it every day know that parties are EXHAUSTING. So, when it came time planning Dylan's 1st birthday I wanted to go simple. Given that Toy Story is now part of our everyday soundtrack, Woody, Buzz and the gang were among our VIP's.

Starting with a little birthday cake for the invites....

A few decorations....

Sprinkle in some fabulous food...



Add a few water games.....
and one HOT Mr. Potato Head....



 And a nice-friendly-non-competitive sack race ....{or at least that was the IDEA. ♥}

***Just a note that I can not recommend a sack race ENOUGH. It was the hit of the party...DESPITE the 95 degree heat.  And the sacks I found on Oriental Trading {12} for $14.00.  They aren't anything fancy....but they made for cute pics ♥ and held up surprisingly well -- even after the DAD's got into the action. ***

topped off with a showering of gifts for one spolied birthday boy = fun for all.


Until the next time....here's wishing everyone happy party planning!  You can find all my vendor resources below. ♥

:: Vendors ::
:: Happy Birthday felt banner via Etsy from the lovely {lori savage}
:: Paper Straws from Bibelot Shops
:: Vintage Wooden Blocks from Roberta Grove Vintage
:: Mini cake bunting made by me with the FREE PRINTABLE from TomKat Studios
:: Sack Race Sacks from Oriental Trading
:: Red Paper Lanterns from Oriental Trading 
:: Birthday Boy's T-Shirt via Etsy from Flyduds
:: Cake from Costco...decorated with Toy Story play set from The Disney Store and gum balls from Target
:: #1 Party Hat I used a plain paper birthday hat from anywhere, topped with a pom pom from the craft closet and cut out a paper 1 from red cardstock.  Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger